There is nothing more unpredictable than guests, especially if they have to sleepover too. No matter how isolated you think you are the chance of someone randomly appearing at your door and staying the night is never completely vanished.
So what is the solution? Getting the best air mattress!
Obviously buying a new mattress would be an extra investment because neither you have so much surplus money, not space, especially when you have a smaller house. But we have a better solution for you, an air mattress.
It is easy and convenient to store and it comes in handy every time you have extra guests coming over. Most of the Air mattresses manufactured these days are very comfortable to sleep on and are easy to store as well. You can push it under a bed or put it in a cupboard and here you go!
The next important question to ask is which one is the best air mattress? There are so many options in the market and all those technical specifications make you even more confused. Also, you cannot completely trust what a company says and want to look out for reviews too.
To make the work easier for you, we did thorough research, analyzed and assessed many different air mattresses and after taking into account all the customer reviews that we came across online, we have made a list for you.
Our Top Picks
This is the list of top 10 best air mattresses available in the market. All these products are available on Amazon too. You can quickly read the customer reviews for yourself and then order the best air mattress right away.
1. Sound Asleep Dream Series Air Mattress
This is a huge queen-sized mattress with all the perfect elements of comfort and ease that one could wish for. It has a unique comfort coil technology that provides support to the body and helps in reducing any pressure points. This makes sure that your guests wake up fresh and happy and you become a great host.
Sound Asleep is a well-reputed company well known for manufacturing air mattresses with a one year warranty. This gives you an insight into the durability of this mattress providing you the peace of mind.
This mattress uses a comfort coil technology for maximum support and desired firmness. There are 40 high-quality air coils that give your body the desired posture. It is perfect, especially for stomach sleepers. The firm grip technology-based cover allows you to sleep without slipping. It has a grip and stability of a normal sleeping mattress but with a lot of extra benefits in bonus.
It has a built-in pump that is easier to manage and there is no need to have extra space for it. This high power air pump can completely inflate the mattress within just 4 minutes. Afraid of the complaining guests who find air mattresses to be very squishy? This Queen-sized dream series mattress has solved this problem too by giving you an option to adjust the firmness of mattress according to your desire.
With a double air chamber and waterproof flocked top, this mattress is quite enough for 2 people to easily sleep on it. The puncture-resistant PVC material speaks up for its durability and giving you the peace of mind that your investment is not in danger.
- It is a customer-friendly product that comes with a one year warranty.
- A vigilant support team based in us available to assist you 24/7
- Comfort coil technology and firm grip design give you a chance to enjoy industry-leading technology of sound asleep dream series mattress giving you durability and support.
- 40 air coils in the bed ensure the highest quality comfort at the lowest possible price which is an amazing deal to grab.
- An internal pump with a patented technology can inflate or deflate your mattress with just one click. It is the best air mattress for internal use which can be stored easily and it takes a very small space.
- This Queen-Sized Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation in less than 4 minutes and will stay inflated for days. If you prefer a firmer surface, use the pump for a quick top up!
- This premium quality double-height raised air bed comes with dual chamber construction. With inflated dimensions of 78” x 58” x 19”, this mattress is large enough for two people to sleep comfortably.
2. Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
This mattress uses the latest fiber technology that makes it super comfortable for sleeping throughout the night. The construction of the mattress is specially directed towards providing a comfortable sleeping surface for regular or occasional use. The horizontal air chambers provide extra support that translates into a stress-free sleep.
It has a very beautiful and comfortable outer cover with a plush feeling that will make you forget that you are sleeping on an air bed. The soft fabric and plush feel of the mattress make it a luxury option and the best air mattress to have in your house.
There is an internal pump that is super fast and can easily inflate or deflate the mattress in less than 5 minutes. It is operated by electricity and uses the normal 110 to 120 V to give you the best results. This mattress is travel-friendly and comes with a duffel bag for easy storage and transportation.
However, when you are going somewhere without electricity, the internal pump won’t work. But it comes with an external pump to make sure you don’t miss out on anything.
This mattress makes it to the list owing to its remarkable durability, strength, comfort and most importantly it is the very lightweight which is the biggest plus point for any air mattress.
- Inflatable Queen Air bed is specially made for home use as it is engineered with Fiber-Tech Construction which gives you a cozy feeling.
- It comes with a built-in, high-powered electric pump for hassle-free inflation and deflation.
- It can inflate the mattress in approximately 4 and a half minutes to the desired firmness.
- It has a waterproof flocked top that is raised 22 inches from floor with indented sides to keep your fitted sheets from slipping and giving you a smooth experience.
- Duffel bag included for easy storage and transport.
- Dimensions: 60 x 22 x 80 inches (W x H x L).
- Maximum capacity of 600 pounds.
3. Air Expect Queen Air Mattress
Air expert is the pioneer company providing high quality and best air mattresses for many years. This mattress is super comfortable with a suede top that provides stress-relieving comfort. With duracoil technology at hand, Air Expect has outdone itself in this model.
The mattress is not only lightweight but also very strong. It has 0.7 mm thickness and the walls of the mattress are made with a strong fabric that speaks up for its long-lasting ability. It comes with inflatable pillows that enhance the overall feel of this mattress.
The added durability and firmness of this mattress come from 40 internal air coils that are very important to give the body a comfortable posture. It is a top pick for a comfortable night’s sleep that anyone could wish for.
- Suede top for extra comfort and grip that prevents unnecessary slipping while you are asleep.
- Its material has a 0.7mm Thickness and 4.6-star rating which are all higher than the average level. You can sleep and rest without having to worry about leakage from your mattress.
- With the enhanced DuraCoil design and 40 internal air coils, the mattress gives you extra durability and firmness.
- Extra Spinal support of air mattress offers good sleeping posture, wipes out your fatigue, helps you completely relax and enjoy a deep sleep all night.
- Its capacity is up to 650 pounds.
- The air mattress has a built-in 120V AC electric pump that can quickly inflate or deflate the airbed to desired firmness. It takes only about 4.5-5.5 minutes to complete the job without any hassle or worry.
- The power cable can be stored away in a built-in compartment to keep your room clutter-free.
- It has an extra thick waterproof quilt top with a double layer design made up of puncture-resistant material. It helps the inflatable airbed to maintain its form.
- The extra thick waterproof suede top is always dry and keeps inflated bed and sheets in place, offering comfortable sleeping experience.
- There is 0.5mm of extra eco-friendly PVC that prevents sliding
- The queen air mattress is easy to store and take out. Its dimensions are 80 x 60 x 19 inches.
- Air Expect blow-up mattress is equipped with a portable bag for easy storage and transportation. Just fold, roll and store the deflated airbed in the bag.
4. Lightspeed Outdoors PVC-Free Air Bed Mattress
Every mattress is defined by the purpose it fulfills and the Lightspeed mattress claims to be the best outdoor air mattress that you can find. It is made with great quality PVC free plastic that ensures the safety and durability that it provides.
The first factor is the durability of this mattress. It uses a thermoplastic polyurethane material that makes the mattress durable and resistant to any damage and punctures. It prevents air leakage and gives you a sense of security that you are sleeping on something safe.
Another striking feature of this mattress is its remarkable temperature stability. This quality is usually missing in certain PVC based products but Lightspeed has made it different. It is resistant to abrasion and damages and perfect for your next camping trip.
The mattress is manufactured keeping the outdoor environment in mind that is why the pump that comes with this mattress is battery operated. You can take the mattress anywhere you want without having to worry about electricity.
This mattress is great for 2 people and does not require an ultra-flat surface under it. It is your perfect go-to option that comes with a bad and can be squeezed into a very small space.
- This air bed mattress is designed for two people with phthalate and PVC-Free material.
- You can easily adjust the firmness thanks to the two-way Boston valve and patented stabilizer system.
- It provides superior durability from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) material construction
- It packs up easily and takes a very small space in your car.
- This PVC-free air mattress is more temperature stable, abrasion-resistant, and is more durable than regular PVC air beds
- It comes with a battery-operated pump and an oversized storage bag which is great for carrying the bad around.
- Fits standard queen-sized sheets
- Dimensions-78 L x 56 W x 7 H inches when completely inflated.
- Weighs around 5.33 pounds.
- 1-year warranty cover sold by Lightspeed Outdoors only
5. Best Inflatable Bed By Fox Airbeds
Whenever you lie down on the airbed there is a feeling that it might just burst suddenly. Many people find air beds scary because of this feeling. And to fight the fear, fox airbeds give you a 2 years warranty for any type of leaks and punctures. This speaks up for the durability of the mattress in itself.
It is inflated very easily with just one click switch that makes the mattress easy to handle and use whenever you need it. It is perfect for your guests coming over. Give them a comfy feel without spending a lot of money on the bed.
This mattress also has n external pinch valve from where you can inflate the air bed using an external pump too. This allows you to take this Queen sized super comfortable mattress wherever you want whenever you need it.
Fox airbeds pride their super comfortable mattresses that made with an extra-strong vinyl additive that is better in quality than the competitors. This makes your airbed strong and resistant to any damage. This mattress not only gives your guests a better sleep but also provides you with the peace of mind.
- Get a carefree sleep without having to worry about the leaks and damages. Every Fox airbed comes with a comprehensive 1-year warranty. If you ever find yourself feeling deflated for any reason, their US customer service team will be there at your service.
- It does not take a lot of time to inflate or deflate. With the powerful built-in pump, your blow up bed will fully inflate within a few minutes just by the flip of a switch. Never keep your guests waiting and be ready to host anyone you want whenever you want.
- Take your mattress around with you and enjoy a sound and comfortable sleep. The queen air bed comes with an additional pinch valve to inflate it with an external pump, allowing you to use it while camping or in a blackout during an emergency
- Easy to manage the looks because this airbed will fit into the queen-sized sheets that you already have. The company claims that this bed measures true to size so you can use your existing queen-sized bedding to give your guests a great night’s sleep.
- Competitive strength and durability of this mattress make it stand out from the rest. The bed is made with a thicker vinyl than the competition to give you better support and provide better resistance to punctures.
6. Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress
When you hear the word airbed it must make you feel super uncomfortable because it is supposed to be very cheap and not a very comfy choice. But wait until you try Insta bed raised air mattress. It is specially designed to give a very luxurious look to the room, and we agree with the company on that.
It is made with the best quality PVC material. It is strong and durable with every important detail focusing on making your night sleep comfortably.
The most striking feature of Insta bed raised air mattress is that it maintains the sleeping air pressure throughout the night without disturbing the person sleeping on it at all.
There are two pumps installed in the mattress. A normal pump that inflates or deflates the mattress just when you want it and the other one works silently through the night. It will keep a check on the air pressure inside the mattress and maintain it whenever there is a need to add some extra air in. This ensures an even and uninterrupted sleep for you and your family.
To maintain a strong and supportive surface there are 35 circular coils in a Queen size mattress and 21 of these coils are present in twin-sized air beds. They give you support and comfort while keeping your spine alight and relieve your stress. You get all this without even having to spend a lot of money.
- Manufactured elegantly with a luxury design that you can easily gift it to someone you love.
- It is made with high-quality PVC material and it is made with extraordinary craftsmanship.
- It comes with two pumps in one bed.
- The patented never-flat pump system silently keeps your airbed inflated all night. Guaranteed!
- The primary pump automatically inflates and deflates your airbed in less than 4 minutes. The secondary never-Flat Pump monitors and silently maintains the air pressure to your desired comfort level while you sleep.
- Convenient auto-shutoff feature on the primary pump automatically turns the pump system off when the airbed is fully inflated or deflated
- 35 circular coils on the Queen size and 21 circular coils on the Twin size create a strong, supportive, and level sleep surface
- 18″ raised height makes getting into and out of bed easier.
- The package includes a carry bag for convenient storage and travel
- Its inflated dimensions are 80 x 60 x 19 inches
7. Intex Raised Downy Airbed
This mattress is specially designed to cater to the domestic needs of most individuals. You can use it regularly or occasionally just for the guests depending upon your requirements. The mattress is 22 inches high which makes it easy to sit on and easier to get up from. This feature is most attractive for elderly people who find it difficult to sit on and get up from lower mattresses.
It has a high power internal pump that takes just 5 minutes to fully inflate or deflate this mattress. With pressure maintenance mechanisms, you can trust the Intex raised downy airbed with kids and guests too.
This mattress has a beautiful black color and gripping top that prevents slipping during sleep. The corners of this mattress are made to be a little indented that will prevent things and even people from falling off from the bed giving you a secure sleeping place.
The high-quality vinyl material used for the manufacturing of this air bed along with its artistic and witty construction makes it must-have for all the people who expect anyone to crash at their place anytime soon. It is simple to use and comfortable to sleep on, what else could you wish for?
- Inflatable Queen air bed designed for use at home.
- High-powered, built-in electric pump for hassle-free inflation and deflation.
- The pump can inflate the mattress in just less than 5 minutes to the desired firmness.
- It is raised 22 inches from floor with waterproof flocked top and vinyl beams which speaks up for its sturdy construction.
- Indented sides keep your fitted sheets from slipping.
- It comes with a free carry bag for easy storage and transport.
- The item is 7.25 x 14.5 x 18 inches normally and it is 60 x 22 x 80 inches (W x H x L) when inflated.
- At times you can have a sense of loss of pressure but it is a result of the bed stretching. It does not indicate that the bed is defective. You need to re-inflate the bed again until it fully settles, which usually takes 2-3 nights.
8. Wonder Sleep Classic Series Air Mattress
Wonder sleep’s air mattress makes it to the list because of its classic appearance and durability. It is a very trustworthy mattress designed specifically to be used within your house. Mattresses that offer a homely feel with their spacious surface and a comfortable sleep are not easy to carry around. Keeping the same mattress to be used at home and for outings is not such a great idea. And this mattress tells you why.
With an internal electric pump and an array of comfort, air coils will make your sleeping experience worthwhile. But what is so special about this mattress?
Well, for starters it has a very durable construction that prevents any leakages and punctures. It comes with a rotary pump that can inflate or deflate the mattress within 4 minutes which is pretty fast as compared to the other mattresses.
It employees dream coil technology that uses 35 very strong and supportive air coils to give your body the best posture while sleeping. No more sore backs every morning thanks to this amazing yet so handy mattress. It is water-resistant and gives you a smooth and balanced sleeping surface and, all this with an amazingly low price.
- This is a queen-sized air mattress bed that comes with an extremely powerful rotary pump for easy and fast inflation/deflation.
- The Wonder Sleep Classic series mattress can be fully inflated to full firmness in less than 4 minutes with a quick rotation.
- Featuring DreamCoil Technology with 7 x 5 arrays of strong air coils for added durability and firmness support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can offer you the best ever sleep wonder on an air mattress!
- The air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives. It can be easily deflated, folded and stored in an included carrying bag.
- Queen Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 78″ x 58″ x 20″. This is double the height of traditional portable air mattresses and provides your overnight guests a sleeping experience just like a real bed.
- Extra thick, waterproof flocked top for added comfort and durability with multilayer, puncture-resistant material.
- A reinforced bottom that prevents the mattress from sliding around on your carpet.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
9. Aero Bed Air Mattress for Kids
Not everyone wants a mattress just for the guests. If you have kids who need a new mattress and you are not willing to make a huge investment, here is all you need. A mattress specifically designed for kids’ rooms. Not only that this mattress is very pretty and attractive for kids but also it is super budget-friendly and cheap as compared to a regular memory foam mattress.
This mattress is designed for kids aged 4 years and older. It has a very efficient pump and it comes with a very beautiful start and moon cover. It is totally washable and very comfortable for the kids.
The mattress has 4 inches high raised edges that are specially designed to prevent your kid from rolling off the mattress. With comfort and safety as its top priority, the aero bed has manufactured this air bed smartly to accommodate an average user completely.
It is made with heavy-duty PVC material that is strongly welded to prevent any leakages and give you the peace of mind. The high power inflating pump helps you make the bed ready within a minutes and set it aside within a few minutes too.
- This is an inflatable mattress for kids 4 years and older with a 50 x 25-inch sleep surface.
- Made with heavy-duty PVC construction with electronically welded seams.
- 4-inch-high surround safety cushion helps in keeping the children from rolling off the mattress
- Thick, washable fitted mattress pad with star and moon design.
- Hand-held AC pump inflates mattress quickly
- Included AC pump inflates the bed in under a minute
How to Choose an Air Mattress?
After going through all the choices that you have, you must be thinking about ways to choose the right type of mattress for your house. But buying an air mattress is completely different than buying a normal mattress. There are different things that you have to consider while choosing an air mattress which is not even a factor while buying normal mattresses.
To make this choice easier for you we are not only going to give you a number of choices but also a simple guide to help you choose what you want. So, here are the things that you should consider if you are looking forward to buying a new air mattress.
What Size would you Prefer?
Most of the times air mattresses come in the same sizes as that of normal mattresses but this happens only when the mattress is fully inflated. But a fully inflated air mattress could be too firm and mostly you will have to adjust the firmness by compromising on the size of the mattress. This means that a twin air mattress might at times not be enough for your guests.
We always recommend people to buy a full or queen-sized air mattress as it provides you with the same comfort as that of a smaller one but it can come in handy even when you have 2 or 3 people coming over.
Who are your Normal Guests?
If you are an average college student or you are buying this air mattress for the guests visiting your kids, a very simple and cheap option will suffice. But this is not true when you have elderly guests coming.
They won’t like the comfort level of the mattress and they will complain about the height of the mattress since lying down and getting up might be difficult too. For hosting such guests you can invest in better options like the ones with a comfort layer on top and the higher alternatives.
There are some air mattress manufacturers who would offer attached beds and frames with the air mattress but this can affect the weight and size of the mattress and you will have to free up space in your house. Considering the size of the deflated mattress can help you make a wise decision too.
How to Blow it Up?
At times you can find a perfect air mattress and also at a very low price but wait! Does it have an automatic pump? I know many of you might think that it’s okay to buy a mattress that comes with a manual pump but trust me this is the worst idea ever. It is a very time consuming and tiring process and you should avoid it at any cost.
Also, make sure that the mattress that you are ordering is not only electricity dependant. At times you have to take your mattress to other places too where electricity may not be available. There are many mattresses that have a separate pump along with the internal one that can be used to inflate your mattress no matter where you are.
Type of Bedding Experience
Every mattress comes with a different type of bedding experience but unfortunately, most air mattresses are not that comfortable to sleep on because of the PVC material used in their construction. PVC is very hard and slippery that can annoy your guests and make you look like a bad host.
However, there are many manufacturers who line up the mattress with very comfortable and smooth covers made up of Swede or even memory foams. You can choose a comfortable one or add extra covers on top of your mattress to make it feel better and comfortable for your guests and they will wake up happy and contented.
There are some other features that you can find in certain airbeds like a USB port and LED lights. Your guests can charge their phone while sleeping on your airbed and nothing can make anyone happier than having a mobile charging arrangement near their sleeping mattress.
Some models also have built-in lights that can be used as easy night lights. They can be turned off and on whenever needed. But these features can considerably increase the price of the air bed. If this is fine with you, then surely it is a great investment.
Buying an air mattress is very easy as compared to buying any other type of mattress because you have to look at a lesser number of things and it is not that huge of an investment. The most important thing that you have to keep in mind is the type of guest for whom you are going to buy the mattress.
If you are buying an air bed for teenagers or young adults you can buy comfortable ones with suede top and good quality support. There is no need to buy a very high mattress necessarily. But if your guests could be elderly people, it is very important to buy a high mattress.
In the same way, if you are buying a mattress for kids, having the super-luxury feel and queen size is not important at all. All these priorities can be set easily and then you can weigh down your options accurately to buy the most perfect mattress for yourself.
The price difference between different air beds can be drastic and all these choices can either save you or cost you an extra 50 to 100 bucks easily. The above-mentioned list is very precise and it has options for all types of users to choose from. There are also different price brackets available for you to decide. May you find the best deal!